Email/file limit.

QUESTION: Can you recommend a good free e-mail service that allows file attachments larger than 25mb? I have a 27mb file I need to send and they seem to be too computer illiterate to reunit the archive files I made with gsplit.

ANSWER: Hello James, thanks for your question!

The truth is, even if you have one that allows you to send it, the other side may not be able to receive such emails with so big attachments.

however you can do another thing, use one of such free send large file services like

The free version can send up to 2 GB!

Hope this helps!
All the best!

QUESTION: The file is a .stl file that I want laser etched in crystal and those files can get very large. I suspect wetransfer has put malware on my computer in the past and prefer not to use it. These days it seems e-mails should hold more. If I took photos of a model and wanted to email them their photos versus making a DVD I shouldn't have to send 15 plus e-mails just to send them over.

Hello again James.

Me and my friends use Wetranfer since ages and never experienced any malware whatsoever.

Nost service's max file size for attachments is indeed 25mb. however allows 35 mb max according to their faqs: however they shut down their english service.

So I have had a look and this list on wikipedia should be able to help you

All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.