Email/e-mail spaces

Question
Whenever I forward an e-mail it is often "re formatted?" to have weird spacing included that wasn't there before. It makes them difficult to read and the really strange thing is that I can't tell that it has happened until a recipient tells me so. What is the cause and what can I do about it? Thank you, Orville

Answer
Hello Orville,

thanks for your question.

There is nothing you can do about it really as it's beyond your control. The weird spacing you mean, are usually > signs to refer an older email below. This is pretty normal.

Weird spacing and defacing can happen due to the fact that some providers do not like HTML or Rich text formatted emauls much and so remove some info. Your provider should have an option to send emails in plain text format, means just raw text without any formatting, then the spacing problem at the receiver should not happen.

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege