Email/Late e-mails

Maury Kosh wrote at 2014-03-10 19:16:29
The SMTP protocol (Handles mail for the internet) is not a guaranteed service. (Hence mail can and does disappear and never get delivered) In fact it is much like the postal service you sent it off and hope for the best. Like regular postal, e-mail can get handled by Many mail servers along the way (Like postal outlets)and any servers along the way can cause delays.

I had an experience where my internet provider was receiving mail sent to me, but because they had a mail deliver server down it took 2 days to get mail delivered to my company! (and I work in healthcare) Unforunately unless the SMTP protocol gets rewritten to add some type of mechanism to guarantee delivery (Not looking to likely any time soon) mail delays is something we all have to suffer with :-(

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.