Email/Email problem with yahoo.ca receiving mail

Question
Hi Joerg,

I'm having a problem receiving mail from my work email which is being hosted by Horde.

I've sent mail from my work address on my desktop from windows mail and the mail shows as sent but it is not received on my yahoo.ca account. I sent 3 emails this afternoon which did not receive but the 4rth email was received.

Do you know why?

Are the 3 previous emails just delayed for some reason?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Answer
Hello Jonathan,

thanks for your question and happy Easter!

Yes, yahoo is indeed known for delaying emails often. reason is trhat some email providers reject the emails first and wait for re-delivery in order to check if an email was sent by a spammer (Because spammers never retry)  or the sender is totally blacklisted (Spamcops or Spamhaus blacklist services, e.g.) then such emails never arrive.

AOL is also a known candidate for this with their email system.

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege