Email/possible email glitch

Question
Hi, this is a bit complicated but I'll try my best to explain...

Last month I was talking to someone by email, and after I sent my last email to her, I didn't think that I got a response back, but now I'm starting to wonder, because there were 5 extra messages in the display that says how many messages you have in your email, and when I noticed this I noticed that the persons header, or thread (if that's the right word) is bold. I am referring to the words in the subject line that you see when you check your email. Now when I clicked on that bold thread I didn't find any new messages, but each time that I did clicked, a message would delete, until finally the fifth time that I clicked the header (there were 5 messages), it was no longer bold. And the other day, there was another thread from someone else that was bold, only this time I could see the new message that was in there after I clicked the bold header. Do you think that the girl that I was talking to sent me some messages, but for some reason I couldn't access them because of some kind of computer glitch? How come I could see the other person's messages after I clicked the bold header but I couldn't see hers?

Thanks in advance.

Answer
hello George,

thanks for your question!

In order to be able to help you please tell me what you use. web based email (like e.g. yahoo ir gmaill web interfaces) (if so, which one?) or an email client program? like eg outlook or thunderbird (if so, which one)

thanks in advance
all the best
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege