Email/Return Delivery of email

Hello Mr. Droge,
Recently I was the victim of identity theft. I went through the process of changing lots of things and even getting Life Lock. I'm just so skeptical about everything now. As far as my email goes, I have not changed my 2 email address. I've changed passwords. I don't know if should change all email addresses and all passwords or just one or the other. Anyway, I've been trying to send an email for several days now and it keeps coming back stating "our system has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail originating from your IP address". I don't know what this means, but it sounds like something somewhere is going on with my IP address that's not good. Could you tell me what this means and should I be concerned?

Thank you so much

Hello Paula.

Thanks for your question! I am sorry to hear about your issues you have been having! Generally, the general rules and answers to your questions:

1) Stop using your old email addresses.
2) write down the addresses of your friends that you trust (or family, etc) manually using pen and paper
3) Change your passwords on all accounts because most people use the same password everywhere.
4) "our system has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail originating from your IP address". <-- Pretty serious I would say! Scan your pc for viruses, trojan horses and worms, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me also directly if you prefer:

I will gladly help you, but please use an email address that is new and after your computer has been scanned (or better from another computer) thanks!

All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.