Email/Temporary Files as Email Attachment

Question
I received an e-mail and attached was a bitmap file.  When I opened it, I was taken to my Temporary Internet Files.  How was this bitmap attached to this incoming e-mail?

Answer
Hello Rosie!

Thanks for your question!

Well, emails allow you to send files with it, such as bitmap image files e.g.

The way it works is, you compose an email and in the email composing window you have an "attach file" button in virtually all email services. then you select the file you want to add and there you go.

Keep in mind that there are limits of how big the files attached to the email can be.

More about this can be read at Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_attachments

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege