Email/Temporary Files as Email Attachment

I received an e-mail and attached was a bitmap file.  When I opened it, I was taken to my Temporary Internet Files.  How was this bitmap attached to this incoming e-mail?

Hello Rosie!

Thanks for your question!

Well, emails allow you to send files with it, such as bitmap image files e.g.

The way it works is, you compose an email and in the email composing window you have an "attach file" button in virtually all email services. then you select the file you want to add and there you go.

Keep in mind that there are limits of how big the files attached to the email can be.

More about this can be read at Wikipedia here:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.