Email/Windows Mail (regular) not live

Question
Hello, I have been using windows mail, on my desktop for a very long time and dont want to change. I have a ton of different folders to keep various emails for reference. we travel for a month at a time and still run our business through a laptop, but I would love to be able to copy all my folders of email onto a portable hard drive. I imagine that it is not possible but thought I would give it a try asking.
thanks in advance for any help !
June

Answer
Hello June!

Thanks for your question!

Unfortunately you didn't tell me which version of Windows you are using, but since you have hintd "Not live", it should be Windows Vista, as in Widows 7 and Windows 8.1, they renamed it to "Windows Live Mail".

I am not using Windows Vista anymore since 2009 (and I don't know anybody using it nowadays still), but by googling I found two manuals, one for extracting emails from Windows Mail and another one for importing emails to Windows Mail.

Hopefully this helps!

You should do backups of your important data beforehand in case something goes haywire.

Export emails from Windows Mail:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/196347

---------------

Import emails from Windows Mail:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/working-with-windows-mail

All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege