on my Gmail and also yahoo there is always one or two emails that are put in as advertising. is there a way to stop this?

Hello Greg!

Thanks for your question and a happy new year!
I am taking it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer.
I have disabled the spam filering on my side. here is an example:

Hope this helps!
Please let me know how it turned out!
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.