Email/auto reply

I'm using Thunderbird with a gmail account that I have been trying to setup with an auto reply. What I want to do is setup an auto reply to booking inquiries that I receive through Airbnb and Flipkey and other vacation rental sites. FYI, those sites use pseudonymous remailers to mask the sender's actual email address. When I setup the auto reply (either using Thunderbird or using gmail directly), the message gets stopped by Airbnb. In other words, the auto reply message is not delivered to the recipient. Since I don't know what is preventing the message from being remailed by Airbnb/Flipkey/etc, I was hoping you could help with a workaround.

ANSWER: Hello Mati!

Thanks for your question!

Due to the nature of emailing, no email client or web based email provider I know of allows you to not send auto-responder to some senders.
In general auto-replies are sent to all senders.

Hope this clarifies it.
All the best!

Actually, contrary to your last email, I've already setup my email client to auto reply to only certain emails. But that's not the problem. I get booking inquiries from Tripadvisor and Airbnb. My auto reply is sent through properly to senders on Flipkey, but not on Airbnb. If you know something about how remailers work, could you suggest how I can make it so senders on Airbnb receive my emails?

Hi there.

Thanks for getting back to me. I do not know how this could be possibly workarounded. I guess it can't, as the services do it exactly to avoid receiving tons of outoreply messages from people that are on holidays.
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.