Email/email client with security off

Question

I am configuring my www.rediffmail.com email account in my Android pone Email client.

Due to some reason the server do not support Security settings, like: SSL/TLS etc. I must select "None" as "Security type" for both incoming and outgoing mail configuration.

Can this be a security threat? Is it better to access mails from this provider in the browser only?

Sawant

Answer
Hello Sawant

thanks for your question, well this means in the first place that it is a security issue if you browse the net over an insecured wireless lan or such things. Also if you have a virus or trojan horse on your PC it can read your emails and login info in clear text

If I was you, I would write to them asking for the correct settings!
Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege