Email/ip hacking

QUESTION: can an IP be hacked?

I looked up an email location and it said that the origin was the US and now a year later it says the origin is AFRICA.

It is the same enail address but it had 2 different IP hosts.

Can someone hack into an IP?

ANSWER: Hello Jeff,

thanks for your questions! Reason for this is, that the pool of available IP v 4 email addresses is empty already, so companies do resale of IP addresses and IP address ranges to other companies who need them.

More about this can be found here :

Hope this helps!
All teh best!

QUESTION: so it really could originate in the US?

Hello again!

You wrote:

"it said that the origin was the US and now a year later it says the origin is AFRICA."

Conclusion: The IP address once was assigned to a company/service in USA and then sold to a company/service in Africa.

IP addresses can be registered to any company/service/ISP in the world.

All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.