Email/Outlook in France/ abroad

QUESTION: I have just returned from a week in france during which I could not send any emails from my windows 8.1 laptop running office 2007.I could send from my windows 8.1 phone. Upon my return to the UK the stalled emails were all sent immediately on start up..
I am puzzled. I use AVG Free version.
AS I often travel I am keen to solve this and seek your help.

ANSWER: Hello Martin!

Thanks for your question!

That's the default behaviour as in the company in france you probably had no access to the mail server in their network, however you have tried sending emails. Those are stored in the outbox of Outlook until it has connection to its mail server again.

This has nothing to do with any installed antivirus software.

Simply don't try sending emails from your outlook when you are on the go and make sure your outbox is empty upon connecting to the original network again.

Hope this helps!
All the best!

QUESTION: i am currently in tenerife staying with a coleague who is also a Btinternet email user and he has no problem sending and receiving emails from his laptop ( outlook and windows 7)..I have no problem from my windows phone, nor does my wife from a ipad and iphone. It seems to be just my laptop.....I AM REALLY PUZZLED NOW .

Hello again!

Then maybe the IT department of the company did something different on his laptop compared to yours. In this case the only thing you can do is asking the tech department of the company as they have the control over your profile on their servers and on your laptop.

Hope this gives you some insight and helps understanding the problem!
All the  best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.