Email/How to send email with image using div element and inline style?

Question
hi, I tried the following html elements to send mail with image. I can view the image in local browser window. But I cannot view the image in the email clients such as outlook, gmail, yahoo. I have embedded base64 string into div tag with style 'background:url..' but still not able to view the image at email client. Pls guide me.

Answer
Hello Mohan!

Thanks for your question!

I personally would not send HTML emails at all. Why?

Because many providers do not display them or even remove them as they are often used to spread viruses and such!

Anyway, I have had a look and I found a very good manual on how HTML emails are structured and they also link to a validator where you van validate it and see where it fails:

http://www.mailup.com/tools-for-growth/read/strategies-techniques-and-best-pract

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege