Email/How to send email with image using div element and inline style?

hi, I tried the following html elements to send mail with image. I can view the image in local browser window. But I cannot view the image in the email clients such as outlook, gmail, yahoo. I have embedded base64 string into div tag with style 'background:url..' but still not able to view the image at email client. Pls guide me.

Hello Mohan!

Thanks for your question!

I personally would not send HTML emails at all. Why?

Because many providers do not display them or even remove them as they are often used to spread viruses and such!

Anyway, I have had a look and I found a very good manual on how HTML emails are structured and they also link to a validator where you van validate it and see where it fails:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.