Email/News Alerts

[From an Expert in another category.]
I am trying to set up alerts to get current news articles based on search criteria that I specify to go automatically to my E-mail.  I used to have such a set up with Yahoo Alerts, but I can't find a Yahoo Alert page any longer.  Perhaps Yahoo discontinued this service.

Google has an alert service, but it will go only to my Google E-mail, and I want to send the alerts to another E-mail account.  The one that I want to use is already used on Google for something else, so I can't use it as a secondary account on Google, so that option is out.

Do you know of some other new application that can be used to send news alerts based on search terms (not RSS feeds) to an E-mail account that one can specify?  I have searched myself and can't find one.  Thanks.

I suggest setting up a new gmail account dedicated for your searches and then adjust the settings to forward to the main email account you prefer to read them at.

I do this for many reasons and find it very helpful to create multiple gmail accounts and although I never log into them I have them forward the emails to a "main" account.

Hope that helps.
Best, Danna

Danna Crawford

How does email marketing work? How can I benefit from email marketing? Can you help me with a newsletter template? How do I cross-promote my email marketing to be social? What email marketing program do you suggest?

I've been personally using email marketing since 1998 and because of my skills I was contacted by Constant Contact and became a Local Expert teaching email marketing online and in our community for organizations like: SCORE, SBDC and the Chamber.

SBRN (Small Business Resource Network )

Online marketing since 1997 teaching the trade since 2007.

2008 eBay Hall of Fame 2008 Community Seller Award from eBay Giving Works 2011 All Star Award from Constant Contact

References available upon request.