Today using gmail I noticed my sign out location no longer exists. I now have a bell shaped icon that when clicked reads "google notifications" to the left is "google apps" and left of that is my name. I tried clicking on my name in that new position and nothing happens. How do I sign out? How can I get my original sign out location back in place?

Hello Jack! Happy New Year!

I am taking it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer.

Try this here, it tells you 3 methods on how to log out:

Hope this helps!
Let me know how it turned out!

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.