Email/Email question

Hi very upset didn't realize that much time went by but I guess it was more thann3 months that went by I went to check my email and all my folders were all empty. AOL said when I called that since it was over 3 months they delete all email from server. I don't understand this. Is there a way a expert comp tech can help me retrieve this email? Please advise thanks a lot

Hello Cara,

thanks for our question!

No, there is unfortunately no way to retrieve your data as they are stored in your web account on AOL.

That the account is deactivated after not using it for over 90 days is the default for many web based email services.

So you shall login once within that time frame.

Other services that do the same are e.g. Yahoo Mail and Live Mail (former Hotmail).

I know a lot of people don't do that, but to read the TOS (Terms of Service) is highly advised before using a service.

It's just to avoid a waste of resources because of unused accounts on the email provider's side.

Hope this gives you some useful explanation.

Thank you

All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.