Employment Law/Notification of write ups

I was fired from my job late October. The day before I was presented with two write ups, one from May and the other from June which weren't signed and had no prior knowledge. I live in NC and was wondering if there was a law saying when I should have been notified of them?

Chris - There is not even a law that says your employer has to have a good reason for terminating you.  North Carolina is an "at-will" employment state, which means that you or the employer can terminate the employment contract whenever and for any reason that is not illegal, such as discrimination against members of a protected class.  Sorry - it may help you with your unemployment comp claim that you had no true notice of your supposed infractions, but you are not entitled to your job back.  

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006