Employment Law/Company Wont Issue Experience/Termination Letter

Question
Dear sir,

I worked in a sales company for a few years. My experience at the company was less than happy. I could not maintain a good personal or professional relationship with some of the people there, including some of my seniors.

Recently I decided enough was enough, and put down my papers. I got the company to sign my resignation letter, and have the original with me. However, the company is now claiming that I am an 'absconder', and is refusing to issue my termination and experience letters. Initially they demanded 1 lac rupees to issue my termination letters, but now even that seems unlikely.

I am trying to understand my options: basically I need my testimonials for services rendered to the company for 3 years. I would also need them to reimburse me for legal expenses, if I have to go to court and fight my case.

Is the company on a sound legal footing? Is it fair they deny me my due termination formalities, by arbitrarily deciding that I am an 'absconder' when the reality is that I gave them notice and made them sign my resignation letter? What does Indian company law say about such situations?

Please advise me about what to do. I am willing to fight the case in court if I have to. I cannot get another job without my experience letters, and 3 years is too long a period to wipe out from my CV.

Thanks for your kind help.
Harish

Answer
Dear Harish,

Hope you're doing fine.

You have not given details of your work location, designation, date of joining, leaving, serving notice. Also mentioned notice period policy of your Organisation. Based on the input received from you I would be able to answer up to your satisfaction.

Also tell whether your resignation was accepted or not.

Warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary

Employment Law

Umesh Chaudhary