Employment Law/Former employee with a 401k

Question
I left my employer in 2000. But I did not take out my 401k. They never notified me about it either. Now I want to take it out to roll it over to my NOW employer and they have no record of it. The company is the Ritz Carlton at Kapalua. Their 4myHR sent a letter saying it was distributed. How can they distributed my 401k when they said it does not exist. I sent them a last statement of the 401k dated 2000 and a pays tub that is proof I had a 401k with the company. I never asked for a pay out and I had over 5k in it.

Answer
The Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) of the Department of Labor is responsible for administering and enforcing these provisions of ERISA.  As part of carrying out its responsibilities, the agency provides consumer information on pension plans.

http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/

Contact this division of the Department of labor for help with your 401K plan.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR