Employment Law/labor hours work

Is it illegal to work only 3 hours in the state of connecticut?

Steven - I'm not sure I understand your question - is the concern that too few hours are being offered the employee, or is the employee being send home after only part of a day?  There is no law that says working only three hours is illegal, nor could there be.  People cannot be forced to work more hours than they wish, although failing to work the required hours can result in firing.

If you want to send a more detailed question, I'd be happy to give you an answer that is more specific.  

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006