Employment Law/Late Pay

Question
I am working for a company in Toronto.
My Contract says I will be paid twice a month. 15th and last day in the month.
Soon after I took the Job the employer decided to change the paydays from 31. to the 10th of the next month and the 15th to the 25th.
I complaint but was told this is company policy.
Now the pay is 3 weeks late. Today is the 23. Nov. 12 and I and everybody else in the company did not receive any pay covering Oct. 15.to 30. and Nov. 1. to 15.
I complained to the owner but received just excuses.
10 Employees
employed since 2007.
Any help how to go about is reatly appreciated.
Thx
Jean

Answer
Contact the Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (“Labor Commissioner”) and tell
them you want to report your company for late or non payment of wages.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/

Midway down the page on the right under worker's rights there is a link to wage claims.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR