Employment Law/loss or probable theft of deposit slip

I did not recieve my automatic deposit slip last friday. was told it was lost on monday but suspect it was taken by a worker to read. (I have had similar trouble before)  It is almost time for the next slip , still have not recieved the last one.  What are my options.  the local police do not what to take a report. thankyou for your ans. tf

Is this your payroll deposit slip from your company? If so than ask your supervisor or payroll to keep it for you and you can pick it up from them. That way if no one is distributing the slip it cannot be read by anyone. If the supervisor is the problem than simply ask payroll to keep it for you.

You can also go talk to your Human Resources manager and tell her/him what is going on that you wish to file a complaint. They are obligated to follow up and investigate all complaints.

If this is something you get from the bank than you need to go talk to the bank manager about it.

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).

30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada