Employment Law/Pay stub

Question
Hi,  My employer does not mail me my pay stub nor do they put it in a mail box for me at my place of employment.  We are in the same facility but different buildings. I am required on my own time to go to the Human Recourse building to sign for my pay stub and if I do not do so they threaten to Write me up and also Cancel my automatic deposit.  Is this legal ?  Can they force me to go sign a paper saying that I have received my pay stub, and is it legal for them to threaten and or cancel my automatic deposit, and make me go sign for it on my own personal time and not get compensated for my time?

Answer
They cannot cancel your direct deposit as a disciplinary action, but they can require you to sign for your pay stub, if they require it of all employees. As far as picking it up on your time, depending on how far you have to go, the employer should pay you for that time, considering the employer requires you to sign for the stub in lieu of progressive discipline, which means it is a mandatory work activity.

Shannon M. Reising, MSP, PHR

Employment Law

Shannon M. Reising, MSP, PHR