Employment Law/PayRoll Stubs

In Mississippi, if the employer is not required to provide a check stub, how do the employees know what is being done with their money? Is the employer required to provide this information if the employee requests it?

Mr. Farrar - You have a right to the information about deductions to your paycheck.  If you cannot see what is being done with your taxes, benefits, etc., you have no way of knowing whether you are being paid properly.  Employers are required by law to keep the information; if your employer refuses to allow you to see the records of your pay, contact the federal Labor Department for assistance.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006