Employment Law/PayRoll Stubs

Question
In Mississippi, if the employer is not required to provide a check stub, how do the employees know what is being done with their money? Is the employer required to provide this information if the employee requests it?

Answer
Mr. Farrar - You have a right to the information about deductions to your paycheck.  If you cannot see what is being done with your taxes, benefits, etc., you have no way of knowing whether you are being paid properly.  Employers are required by law to keep the information; if your employer refuses to allow you to see the records of your pay, contact the federal Labor Department for assistance.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire