Employment Law/Job....

Question
How does pay vacation work if the job requires to have pd vacation?  
My husband has been working at his company for over a yr and they get paid vacation,Leave time and sick time. If my husband leaves due to kids being sick he takes his leave time. Now what Im wondering is since they get paid vacation and all the other stuff. I always thought that pd vacation was diff. then Leave/sick time.his job has never said anythin to him about vac. and when I looked on his check stub then his pd vac. was not there so he went and asked y and they tried saying that its because his leave time is his pd vac. Is this even right? cuz everywhere my mom has worked they immediately added her vacation once a year for her to use. but according to his job they give him 6 hr. a month and if he has to take of for kids then they use it. and hes only missed a couple days and only has 13 hrs of leave when hes been there for 1 yr. He should have alot more then that. So I need help please

Answer
Vacation is not required by law to be given to employees. If it is given than the company must abide by their own policies. The company can say when vacation time can be used and when it cannot. Yes they can use paid vacaton for time off sick.

If he is not using the full vacation time promised and he is not receiving what he should than you need to call and talk to your Kansas department of labor.

Kansas wage and hour laws
Information on laws regulating the minimum wage, working hours, benefits, etc.
Phone: 785-296-4062
Alt. Phone: 785-296-5000
Email: Tim.Triggs@dol.ks.gov
Agency: Kansas Department of Labor

Shirley  

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR