Employment Law/salary/weekends

Question
Hello, I signed a six month contract a salary base pay. Im from oregon but sent to tennesse, my job takes me to several of the surrounding states Im Costruction manager in telecommuications business. I travel lots i work from a bout 14 hours daily..but they have had me working 14 days straight with know time off..should they be paying me for saturdays and sundays and should i not get any time off

Answer
Michael - If you are a salaried exempt employee, you are entitled to your salary for however many days or hours you work in a week.  As a manager, it is likely that you are salaried exempt.  What you get in terms of time off should have been addressed in your contract.  Do you have a copy of it?  Check what it says, but as a salaried exempt employee you are not entitled to overtime.  Nothing in the federal regs and nothing in most state regs requires that employers provide paid time off to employees, so you have nothing to go on but your contract.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire