Employment Law/time clocks

Question
i work in a refinery in pa and am required to badge in to get through a turnstile. "911 security" all times recorded people have been disciplined using this clock. i have to change into protective gear (company uniform)in a locker room and drive a company truck to my work location. the company has installed time clocks at my work location ,they are using for payroll. it seems to me the time clock should be at the locker room and i should get paid from there is this correct.
thanks rich

Answer
The time should be from the time you arrive a work. Putting on protective gear is paid time. the timeclock should be where you originally start. Walmart got sued for not allowing time for the employees to put on uniforms. Protective gear is in the same category.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR