Employment Law/work schedules

Question
I am in Tennessee. Employer at the nursing facility where I work does not give copies of work schedules to the employees. Need to know if there is a regulation or other documentation to support employees being entitled to a copy of the work schedule. We do shift work. They place the schedule on the board for 1 week but we are not allowed to copy it. Can you help?  Thanks in advance

Answer
Wanda:

Unless you are covered by a union contract or an oral or written individual employment contract which requires that you be given a copy of your schedule, there is no legal duty for the employer to give you one.  You will just have to make personal notes of your schedule from the posted notice.

I don't understand why an employer would refuse to give you a copy, since it seems like basic courtesy to me, but they are not violating the law.

Employment Law

Frank C. Magill