Employment Law/un-paid bonuses

Question
I worked for a fast food restaurant for five years and got promoted to shift manager back in August. Upon being promoted I was told I would receive bonuses for meeting labor goals, food cost, and getting a certain score on our secret shop. We met all of the goals for September (the bonuses were monthly, but paid every quarter) but I had to quit because I relocated to finish school at the end of October. They are now saying that I won't get my bonus for September. I wasn't sure if that was legal and if not how would I go about getting my bonus paid. Thanks for your help!

Answer
If the company will not pay your bonus you will have to file a claim with the Department of Employment for unpaid wages. State it was an earned bonus before your termination. They will investigate and if you are owed the money and legally they must pay it the Department of Labor will have them pay it to you. Either way they will investigate and you will have an answer.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR