Employment Law/direct deposit on payroll date

Question
If a persons pay is scheduled for every Friday and the employer doesn't place funds into their direct deposit until the following Tuesday after the payroll date is this lawful?

Answer
Direct deposit funds should be in the account on the payroll date. If it is a once time occurrence because of administrative problems such as computer failure or such it would not be seen as a huge violation, however, if it is an occurrence that happens every payday than it should be reported to the Department of labor so they can talk to the company and find out why they cannot pay on time.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR