Employment Law/FMLA question

Question
Hello,

If i use all my fmla can my employer terminate me for the same medical condition?

Thanks,

Tim

Answer
You have 12 weeks of FMLA to use every year. If in one year you use more than the 12 weeks FMLA leave the employer does not have to keep your job open.

If the condition results in a disability covered under the ADA (Americans with disability act) than you may ask the employer to make an accomodation for that disablity to enable you to keep working. You can get more information on this from the Department of Labor EEOC division.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR