Employment Law/non payment

Question
I WAS WORKING FOR A CONTRACT CUSTODIAN COMPANY FOR 2 YEARS AN RECENTLY A NEW COMPANY HAS TOKEN OVER THE PAY DAYS HAVE CHANGED.THIS IS FINE.THE NEW COMPANY MAILS THEIR CHECKS OUT .I TURNED IN MY TIMESHEETS ON TIME FAXED THEM AS ASKED AND WAS TOLD MY CHECK WOULD BE IN THE MAIL ON FRIDAY.NOW THIS IS ALSO FINE BUT I WORK NIGHTS AN MY MAIL RUNS LATE.SATURDAY I CHECKED MY MAIL AN MY TRAINING CHECK WAS THERE BUT NOT MY PAYROLL CHECK.I CALLED THE COMPANY AND NO ONE COULD ANSWER WHERE MY CHECK WAS .I WAS TOLD THE TRAINING CHECK AND PAYROLL CHECK WAS MAILED AT THE SAME TIME AND I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT A CHECK MAILED OUT ALREADY.MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO I DO ABOUT NON PAYMENT OF A FULL TIME JOB IS THERE A LAW THAT STATES I DON'T GO INTO WORK UNTIL I GET PAID OR DO I JUST KEEP WORKING FOR FREE? PLEASE HELP ME I WORK PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK AN I AM LATE ON MY RENT I CAN NOT SEND MY KIDS TO DAYCARE BECAUSE THE DAYCARE BILL IS ALSO DUE

Answer
If they will not reissue your check than you call the Department of Labor and let them know you have not been paid your wages. If they reissue it ask them not to mail it. Can you request direct deposit of your check or request it to be held for you to pickup?  

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR