Employment Law/Suspension for gas drive-offs

Question
In Michigan, is it legal for an employer to suspend an employee for a gas drive-off? I would say it's unethical to hold any employee accountable for the risk the company took in running a gas station, but is it illegal, as well?

Answer
Ben - While it is not legal deduct the money lot by the drive-off from your pay, there is nothing in the law that prevents an employer from suspending an employee when it happens.  Other than assuring that employees receive at least the minimum wage and are not discriminated against, employees have little protection under employment laws.  

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire