Employment Law/workplace bathroom

Question
I have a friend that works in a trailer checking in trucks.  They
have no bathroom in the trailer and this person must walk to her
car and drive to the main office to use a bathroom.  Is this legal.

Answer
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title29-vol5/xml/CFR-2011-title29-vol5-sec

Federal requirements

In (2) below the chart it says something about remote worksites and a nearby facility.

I believe it is saying if there is reasonable access to a bathroom that it is okay at a remote facility.

Shirley

If the employee has not already they could request a porta potty be brought on site when they are working

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR