Employment Law/Mis-labeled Time on Punch Clock

Hello, quick question:
This is happening in a Ontario Employment facility as we speak.

Actual time is: 8:50am
Time on Work Punch-In Clock is: 9am

1. Managers knowingly change the clock ahead ten minutes, to receive extra work in morning.
2. Employees are constantly written up for arriving "late" in the morning, and at lunch.
3. This is a unionized environment for many, with many salaried employees in the mix.
4. Emploees work overtime 10mins, every day, without knowing.

Thank you as I was looking over all the ESA for Ontario and couldnt find a thing on this.

The easiest way to get this resolved is to have the union employees file a grievance with their union. The union will step in and investigate this and put a stop to it.

If you are non union that it would have to go to your Labour board in Ontario.

Above is the link to conatct your Ontario labour office. You can talk to them about unfair working conditions which is what you are describing.

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).

30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada