Employment Law/work hours

Question
i have been told by my company i have worked for 4 years that because of new laws i can not work more than 28 per work this is killing me, if i go over they reduce my hours the following week is this a new law or not

Answer
Susan:  I am not familiar with any law directly requiring any class of employees to work fewer hours.  You should ask for a more detailed explanation of what the employer is telling you.  Perhaps they are saying that because of compliance costs with various employment laws, they can't afford to pay you full time any more, but in any event the employer should be willing to give you a complete reason for what they are doing.  Ask them to tell you which laws they are referring to, and then you can come back to this site and find out if what they are saying is true.

Sorry I can't give you more detail without more information, but I hope this is helpful to you.

Employment Law

Frank C. Magill