Employment Law/Harassment and bullying

My mother has an Abusive boss and her CEO doesn't seem to care. She works in Dallas Texas, Is ther anyway she could get a lawsuit ageist them for bullying in the work place?

Anyone can file a lawsuit for any reason. Whether she would win or not is another matter.

She needs to start documenting all abusive and harrassive actions on paper is time, date, what happened and who was there and who did the harrassing.

The next step would be to call the Department of Labor and file a greivance with them for a "hostile workplace". She can actually quit and draw unemplyment if she has the proof of the "hostile workplace." I would first discuss with the Department of Labor.

The DOL may be able to call and talk to the company and help her out with the problem without her losing her job. She cannot be fired under the "whistleblower" law for reporting them to the Department of Labor.

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).

30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada