Employment Law/MATERNITY LIVE/RIGHTS

Question

I have a lady, she has a 3 month baby she comes with at work.
Is it right for her to cater for her baby while she does company work?
Are we fair to let her do the mother part at the same time fulfill company responsibilities? What are her rights?

Thank you.

Answer
As an employer  you are not required to allow your employee to bring her child with her to work. She needs to find someone to care for the child while she is at work.

Shirley

P.S. If you do allow her to bring her child to work (not a good idea in a business) than she should not be paid for the time she is not working and caring for her child.

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR