Employment Law/Workplace Harassment

Question
Hello Ms. McAllister,

I am not in a protected class, i.e. I'm a white dude. My manager has been railroading me for several years now. I actually enjoyed my job before this clown came along. The only reason I can see that he keeps his position is thru the good ole boy system of management.

I work in the IT field and I am the only one he manages who has to physically be onsite 4 days a week, even tho most of my work is done remotely by computer. That is just one example. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I'm a veteran of the US Army and a college graduate. I have been with this company for 15 years. How can I prove workplace bullying, discrimination, etc. if I'm not in one of the protected classes? Thank you for any information.

Alan

Answer
It is hard to prove discrimination in your situation.  I would write down every time that you think you have been bullied or discriminated, the date, the event as it took place and the person involved. When you have documented several cases than take them to HR or your manager's boss whomever in management that may be. Sit down and talk to them about the incidents you have recorded in a civil manner, a calm voice and ask them if there is something that can be done to correct this behaviour and how can you help.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR