Employment Law/California Remote Work

Question
I recently moved from Arizona to California. I am being told by my employer that CA Law states any person working "remotely" more than 60% of the week must be reimbursed for any services used to complete their job.  In this case, my employer is claiming they need to pay for my internet usage if I am away from the office more than half of the work week (40 hour work week).  Is there a CA labor code that specifically addresses remote work?

Answer
Ryan - If there is, I was not able to find it in a search of the California Department of Industrial Relations web site.  You could try calling them and asking.  It sounds like a good deal to me - I have never been reimbursed or expenses relating to work done at home.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire