Employment Law/California Remote Work

I recently moved from Arizona to California. I am being told by my employer that CA Law states any person working "remotely" more than 60% of the week must be reimbursed for any services used to complete their job.  In this case, my employer is claiming they need to pay for my internet usage if I am away from the office more than half of the work week (40 hour work week).  Is there a CA labor code that specifically addresses remote work?

Ryan - If there is, I was not able to find it in a search of the California Department of Industrial Relations web site.  You could try calling them and asking.  It sounds like a good deal to me - I have never been reimbursed or expenses relating to work done at home.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006