You are here:

Employment Law/Pay Checks with no pay stubs regarding Income Tax Returns


Hello and thank you for your help.
I work for a call center in Arizona and as of Decemeber we stopped getting offical checks that incude pay stubs and all the proper information.

The pay checks we get now are generic checks that just say the amount we are getting paid. There is no information and it seems very shady. This has continued till July now and I have personally made over 20,000 that I was told was taxed. I am worried about my Income tax returns as I am trying to buy a house with my wife and child. We had an employee leave and try to collect unemployment and they said they had ) records of him working or making money or being taxed since December. I am very worried and at this point am ready to do whatever I need to to make sure that this is taken care of and dealt with in the most according of manner.

Please help as this is a job I have now worked at for almost a year and I have invested a lot of time into this job. I am hoping that all he has to do is to give us a W2 in tax season. But I don't want to risk working here until tax return season to find out that I was cheated on all my money.

Please help my number is  

In the state of Arizona you are only required to have a pay stub if you have direct deposit.

You can contact the Arizona Labor department and they would be able to tell you if the company has paid in State unemployoment taxes, and worker's compensation benefits. They can help get the withholding paid in if it has been taken from your check and not remitted to the state.

Labor Department

Karen Axsom, Director
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4515
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5459


Employment Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR


I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).


30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]