Employment Law/vacation pay

I was to get three weeks paid vacation was laid off right before vacation was to start been with company ten years got called back after vacation was over now they don't want to pay me my vacation time is there anything I can do

Annelle - It depends on how your vacation policy is written.  If it is the policy of your company to pay people for their accrued vacation time upon departure from the company, then they owe you the money.  If it is a "use it or lose it" policy, then they do not owe you the money.  

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006