Employment Law/Texas Labor Code - Section 207.041

Question
Is Section 207.041 applicable to an individual who was employed in the past full time and who received a reasonable assurance to work in future, but only less than half time?

Answer
Alexey - If you are receiving unemployment compensation and are offered a part time job, the amount of wages is deducted from your UC benefit.  You should apply for unemployment, explain that you may receive a call back for part time work, and notify the UC office if and when you are called with the offer of part time work.  You can work part time and collect unemployment if the amount of your wages is less than the amount of your weekly benefits.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire