You are here:

Employment Law/Texas Labor Code - Section 207.041


Is Section 207.041 applicable to an individual who was employed in the past full time and who received a reasonable assurance to work in future, but only less than half time?

Alexey - If you are receiving unemployment compensation and are offered a part time job, the amount of wages is deducted from your UC benefit.  You should apply for unemployment, explain that you may receive a call back for part time work, and notify the UC office if and when you are called with the offer of part time work.  You can work part time and collect unemployment if the amount of your wages is less than the amount of your weekly benefits.

Employment Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Margaret M. deMarteleire


I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.


Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006

©2017 All rights reserved.