Employment Law/FMLA and GINA info

Question
Hello

I stumbled across your site as I prepare to receive an "employer response" to my EEOC charge of disability discrimination, retaliation, and GINA. I recently found out that my FMLA rights may have been violated as well. I plan on filing a complaint with the DOL regarding employer violation of FMLA. I would love to see more about FMLA and common employer violations....like waiting 27 days to give you a designation notice! Do you have any good info on GINA?

Thanks,
Ashley

Answer
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) protects Americans against discrimination based on their genetic information when it comes to health insurance and employment.

I don't know much about GINA. It has to do with DNA testing and discrimination based on the outcome of that DNA testing.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR