Employment Law/taking a short term job

Question
  I worked 13 years for a bank that merged with another bank and they let me go because the new bank had too many employees.  I live in Pennsylvania and am on unemployment.  I have been looking for a job for months and there is nothing.  Through Career Link I was offered a job for 10 days.  If I take that job what happens after it is over?  Can I go back on unemployment or will I be lost without anything.  It is very fearful to think I could be left with no support.  Any advice you can give is appreciated.

Answer
Lauren:

No, taking a short term job will not cause you to lose eligibility for unemployment compensation once the term ends.  In fact, if you were to turn down a job offer, it might be a problem unless you have some very good reason to do so.  Go ahead and take the job; you never know when something like that could lead to another offer.

You will of course need to let the agency know when you are working, since you would not be able to collect full benefits and work at the same time.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Employment Law

Frank C. Magill