You are here:

Employment Law/Changing gross wages


One of our clients will be receiving a w2-C that will increase his gross wages by about $1200 for the tax year 2012.  We need to know what forms the company issuing the W2-C needs to fill out when they issue the new W2-C... 941X? 940? State forms?

Any insight would be helpful?

This would depend on whether or not you witheld any taxes to report for the 2012 year on the 1200.00. If no taxes were withheld than your taxes reported will be okay. Unless his wages were under the limit for Suta or Futa no worries there. yOu need to send the W-2 C to the federal and state agencies.

You will have to do the 941X and you will have to pay both sides of the Fica and Medicare. You will have to pay both His Fica and Medicare and the company match Fica and Medicare on the 1200.00 because it was your failure to report it in 2012. Taxes federal and state are his responsibility.

Employment Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR


I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).


30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada

©2017 All rights reserved.