Employment Law/Reporting incorrect wages

Question
My employer reported that I got paid weekly to the unemployment commission ,When I really got paid biweekly  in the year of 2012..which resulted in me getting a letter stateing I owe monies to unemployment commission ....I do not have old pay stubs and to company closed  ...how can I find my old wages .

Answer
You can get a copy of your W-2 sent to the government which would show the total earned for the year of 2012. The IRS has this on file and you can obtain it from them. There would be contact information on the IRS.gov site.

This would prove it because you can divide the total gross amount by the total pay periods and prove that you were not paid weekly.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR