Employment Law/Vacation accrual

Does vacation accrual have to be listed on paycheck stubs, especially in California.

Under California Labor Code 226, subdivision (a), every employer must provide the following information on every itemized wage pay stub. Employees whose rights are violated are entitled to $50 for the initial erroneous pay period and $100 for each subsequent erroneous pay period, up to a total of $4,000 It does not matter if an employer mistakenly forgot to include the information.

The employee’s name
last four digits of their social security number.
Dates for which the employee is being paid.
Gross wages earned.
The hourly rate that the employee is being paid at.
The total hours worked.
All deductions made.
Any reimbursement made for employee expenses.
The net wages earned after all deductions.
The employer’s name and address.

The vacation accrual does not need to show on the pay stub but it must be paid out if you terminate unless there is a signed agreement or Union contract that you will not be paid vacation upon termination.

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).

30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada