Employment Law/per diem in utah

Question
I have been working out of town for several months.my employer agreed to pay is 300 dollars a week for per diem. I forgot the $300 my first week and got a reimbursement check week after. I found a new job within a weeks notice while still working out of town and got my last paycheck without my last reimbursement per diem check. I called my employer to ask why my reimbursement check for $300 wasn't in the envelope. My employer said they decided not to pay me because it's at their discretion reimbursements. Is this true or can I get my money back from this company

Answer
Albert - Employers are not obligated to pay per diem for employees.  What you can do instead is keep the receipts and claim a business expense deduction on your income tax return. In the alternative, you could sue your employer for breach of contract, but it is  not easy to collect on such a judgment even if you win the case.  

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire